Departures scheduled everyday from Piano Provenzana
Departures scheduled everyday from Piano Provenzana by off-road vehicles till a height of 2800 mt, where, surrounded by the lava flows of the North-East Crater, we will start a short trekking till the reaching of Punta Lucia, a place from where you can experience the magic and the emotion of the sunset with the magnificent panorama of the Sicilian coastline, the Aeolian Islands and the constantly active craters behind us. The trip back is planned on foot (just over a mile) till the starting point of the off-road vehicles to go back to Piano Provenzana. The visibility could change according to the weather conditions.
• Meeting point scheduled at Etna Nord Excursions office in Piano Provenzana
• Departure from Piano Provenzana, 1800 mt, by 4×4 jeep
• Start of the trekking trail till Punta Lucia
• Sunset view
• Trekking downhill till the starting point
• Minimum altitude of the trekking starting point: 2965 mt. – maximum altitude reached: 3039 mt.
• Total climb uphill: 74 mt (it may vary)
• Total climb downhill: 74 mt (it may vary)
• Total time: 2:30 / 3:00 hours
• Total kilometres: 2,4 (round-trip)
• Difficulty: T (Touristic)
• Layered outfit (short sleeved t-shirt, long sleeved or thermal t-shirt) – (it may vary according to the season)
• Trekking shoes
• Windbreaker or quilted jacket
• Hat and gloves (according to the temperature)
• Water – minimum 1,5 L
• Possibility of renting shoes/jackets on site
• Trekking sticks
• K-way (rainproof jacket)
• Backpack 25/30 L
• Lip balm
• Extra socks
• Long pants
• Rainproof jacket
• Extra t-shirt
• Handkerchief or bandana (to protect yourself from the dust or the volcanic gases)
Trekking doesn’t require great preparations on a physical level; it consists of a simple walk without extremely difficult walkways. Anyway, you must be always careful since volcanic soil could be inconsistent and unstable.
• The trekking is not recommended for those who practice little motor activity.
• The excursion could be subjected to variations at the discretion of the guides, or it could be interrupted in case of changes of environmental, climatic or volcanic conditions that could undermine the safety of the entire group.
• The total time of the trekking trail will depend on the general pace of the group.
• The excursion will be carried out according to the limits laid down by the ordinance in force.
The route is suitable also for children over 6 years old.
• The route consists of the ascent and the walking along the crater edges, this may cause dizziness to susceptible individuals.
• This type of itinerary is suited to people in good physical health, not suffering from particular diseases (cardio-vascular and breathing issues or hypertension).
• Pregnant women who have passed the third month of pregnancy are not allowed to take part to any excursion.
• To ensure the success of the excursion and its smooth running, it is advisable to be fully aware of one’s health conditions and, if necessary, to inform to the guides, in order to reduce the occurrence of any problems and avoid any risks.
Categories: Tours e Escursioni